Tuesday, June 03, 2008

On the fridge

Food and friends. Yesirre, bob, those go together quite well. Going out with friends for a meal is a given. But what I'm talking about here is my refrigerator. What's in it isn't exactly blogworthy, but I sure have a cornucopia of stuff on the front of it that is fun! Fun for me, anyway, but hey, you're here, so let's just call it fun for you, too!

This is a picture of one side of my fridge. It's a fun little scavenger hunt game, cause you've got to click on the picture then roll your mouse all over the front of it to find out what's what and who's who. I'll go put away my groceries while you do that, mmkay? Go ahead....

What's on my fridge?

... yeah LIKE you're gonna spend that much time studying my fridge. But really, go click on over, then come back to tell me what you've got on YOUR fridge! And then, just cause apparently I have no shame, I'll let you in on an embarassing little secret...

...

...

...

Soooo I had some friends over the other night and got almost all my dishes done before they came, except for one large pot with some tupperware inside. Time was of the essence, so I just tucked it away in my oven. Yeah. I know. Hush. So tonight, I got home from grocery shopping absolutely ravenous and got ready to pop in a frozen pizza...

Do I really need to finish this story for you??? No, I didn't think so. Let's just say that I need a new large measuring cup and am really hoping that plastic peels off the side of pots easily. Dangit.

8 comments:

sarah cool said...

oh my gosh! oh my gosh! i laughed soooo hard at that second picture!!!!

hahahahahahahahahah!!!! burning plastic does NOT smell good, miss hillary!!

i made a mini frozen pizza last week when my fridge was dead, and forgot to take off the cardboard on the bottom... needless to say, i did not eat it, and my house smelled like burnt cardboard. ick.

Jean said...

ha!

i've been meaning to say thanks for the post card! It took me hours to figure it out and Anne clued me in. And you know what? It's on my fridge!!! :)

Hillary said...

Sarah: it wasn't burning... just, errr... melting! But, um, yeah. Not so nice a smell starting to happen. Ick.

Jean: you're welcome! :) It was fun to send them! Tee hee hee!

Niki Devereaux said...

I love this post and I really enjoy how your fridge has so many pictures and memories on it. I'm visiting my parents in Maple Ridge so I can't take a picture of my fridge...but a good idea for a post when I get home! Right now my fridge is full of photos and wedding invites ... busy year!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, I'm glad I haven't done that... yet. I guess this is why I use almost all stainless steel (and they also look cool ;) ).

Paul said...

I have several stories of hidden (then forgotten about and discovered much later) dirty pots, and molten plastic containers (grilled, roasted or fried? - take your pick). Fortunately I can claim almost no responsibility for any of them.

Katrina said...

I love that you did all the mouseovers with that pic of your fridge! And I noticed that your collection is all about people, and the relationships you have in your life--I am so not surprised! :D

Melissa said...

First of all, the Meltie McMelts picture! *AWE*SOME!!!!!!!* LOLOLOL!!!!!

The fridge: Is it always that organized looking? (Sadly, mine is! :D )

Last: I've thought about doing something very similar to this with the stuff in my home. (re blogging about the stories of each item.) I'll let you know if I do.