Tuesday, November 25, 2008

AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S IN! IT'S HERE! IT'S OFFICIAL!
I HAVE MY ASSIGNMENT FOR AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
(finally!)

Pardon me while I take a minute to squeal like a girl and jump up and down.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the call about five minutes ago. They don't have a partner for me yet (something to keep praying for) but they figure I'm more mature (read: older) than many short termers and there are a few couples there (not just one) so if one has to leave I won't be left on my own, so they've ok'ed me to go.

I'll be going to Korr, which is where I thought I'd be going initially. (See my first prayer letter for a few details and pics!) It's in North Central Kenya in the middle of the desert! I'll be teaching in the primary/elementary school there.

The little blue flag is only the very approximate location - Korr is on no map! Hehehe!

View Larger Map


Now begins the fun task of finding out all the little details of living - what clothes should I bring? What kind of house will I live in? What will the school be like? Will there be electricity? What will I eat? What are the answers to the bajillion questions that I don't even know I should ask?

And oh yeah, how the heck am I gonna raise all my funds in five weeks??? (Holy cow! FIVE WEEKS?!?!?!?!??! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!) Smaller time frame makes bigger God stories.... right?

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Let the freak out commence!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're not already on my Africa email list and would like to get my letters, updates, etc, email me using the link in the sidebar and I'll get you on my list! :)

5 comments:

Lee Warren said...

Congrats Hillary. God will provide the funds. Looking forward to reading more about the trip over the next few weeks.

Jean said...

YAY!!!! Will keep praying!! :)

Katrina said...

Woowoooo! Congrats!

anne said...

Sweet! :) Yay for a blue flag!

sarah cool said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT!! I am so excited!!! praying for $$$$ and a (male) partner (i know, i know, it won't hurt to ASK for a male)

love you!