Monday, December 04, 2006

It's OOVERRRRRR! *

Here I am in the computer lab at school. It's 5:08pm 6:02pm, and I just clicked print on my report cards finished editing my completed report cards. HO-LEEE, this was the most awful, long, dragged out, emotional-basket-case causing project I have EVER done. I have been such a whiner the last few weeks (my apologies to those of you - particularly my 'friends in real life' - who have gotten sick of hearing about it! Thanks for not abandonning me!), but really... these suckers were TOUGH.

On the bright side, I now have a whooole new way of approaching my reports, and hence my evaluation, and hence my teaching. I'll have to write about it later, cause I've got to get OUTTA here! Maybe go do a little happy dance (oh who am I kidding, a big, leaping, twirling, make-the-whole-world-think-you're-nuts kind of happy dance).

Gotta love the trial and error...ness of the first year of teaching!

*bangs head on desk repeatedly*

_____________
* Well, at least, it's over till my principal reads them and no doubt has scores of corrections for me. Then I correct them, reprint them, coallate them with all the other LAC reports, strings reports, band reports, etc and stuff the envolopes. But those babies go home Friday, so then I'll be free at last, free at last, hallelujah, free at last!

3 comments:

Queen Bee said...

I really really hesitate to ask this, Hillary, please let your eyes go a little unfocused now so you don't really have to read it...

How many times do you have to do report cards in a year of teaching?

Anonymous said...

Really glad you are finally finished with them.
You've actually been pretty upbeat on your blog considering how stressful the report cards are..

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're done! One of the teacher's my mom worked with knows exactly how many more sets of report cards he has to do before he retires. lol They're not his favorite thing either.

You might want to check out these comments for next time. http://tinylink.com/?6oRTkf1TOP