Friday, November 25, 2005

Like ice cream on a summer's day

Monday to Friday, life is busy. I'm running here and there, busy with work and various other commitments. I don't have time to think about "A" for long periods of time, though I can't seem to get him out of my head. My thoughts, however, are usually confined to trying to make myself realize that nothing's likely to happen with him. I can usually get myself to a point where I can accept that and be OK with being friends, nothing more.

Then the weekend comes. Because he's a good friend, he's always a part of the crowd I see every weekend. The beginning of August was the last time there was an A-free weekend. Just the week after I was telling him how great it is when a guy offers to do the dishes for me, he does the dishes. Or the week after I was telling him one of the things that an old boyfriend did that really impressed me was offer to drive me home even when it was way far out of his way, he makes a way-out-of-the-way trip to drive me home. The girl-brain in me so wants to see things like this as a "sign," but I know better. He's just that kind of guy. He'd do it for anyone. This, unfortunately, just adds to his attractiveness.

Each weekend, as I get to know him more and more, all that mental effort I made during the week gets thrown right out the window.

Once again, I melt into a sappy, sentimental mess.

No comments: