Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The aforementionned "cool stuff"

On October 15, I went to a housewarming party at a friend's place. My friend, we'll call her Jane, pulled me aside and told me she had something for me, and that she'd put it in my bag. She had just been away, so I figured maybe it was a little souvenir or something. I said sure, and carried on with the festivities.

A week and a half later, Jane pulls me aside and asks if I had gotten that thing she put in my bag. Whoops! I don't use that bag that often, so I had forgotten about it. I checked when I got home, but found nothing that wasn't mine. Could she have put it in the wrong bag? I called her and she explained where it was - in an obscure pocket I forgot was even there. The next day I checked the bag, and found what she had left there.

I pulled out a great big wad of cash!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I immediately called her to ask, "What the HECK?!?!" She just laughed. "I've been working all of October, and you haven't. It's three days of strike pay!" (For those who don't know, teachers in BC were on strike for two weeks in October, and because it was deemed an illegal strike, the union was not allowed to even give us our $50 a day of strike pay. Needless to say, things have been a little tight.)

Oh. My. Goodness. It's not like she's rolling in money. She's a single girl like me, just plugging away. That was a big sacrifice for her. I won't lie, tears were shed on my part. God is constantly surprising me with his undererved favour.

I tell you, God never ceases to amaze me in making it SO obvious that he will provide for me. Some of you might remember the two similar stories from back when I was in my first two months of working as a Teacher on Call (I'll have to blog those one day, too. The one still gives me goosebumps!).

He is so good!

1 comment:

James said...

God is full of surprises. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a nice one and that's one scary photo on your Oct. 31 post.

Take care.