Thursday, January 22, 2009

How to make a girl's day

* Jan 22 - 3 new posts: How to make a girl's day, Flexibility Required - Update, & Karibu Sana *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are a number of Mennonite families staying here at Mayfield, and I’ve become friends with five of the kids – four girls with long blonde braided hair (age 10, 9, 5 and 5) and one cute-as-a-button toddler. The girls and I just finished playing outside – follow the leader, hide and seek, and general silliness out in the yard. As we were heading in, the following conversation ensued:

10 year old: So who is your husband?
Me: Oh, I don’t have a husband.
9 year old: Really?
Me: Nope!
9 year old: At breakfast I saw you at the table with that guy with kind of long hair coming down, and I was sure he was your husband!
Me: Nope! I just met him today. I don’t really know him. (I wasn’t even sure who they were talking about!)
5 year old: You should get a husband.
Other 5 year old: Yeah. Ladies need a husband to have babies!
Me: Ah!
10 year old: Yeah. But I’m kind of glad that man isn’t your husband.
Me: Oh, really? Why is that?
10 year old: Well, he didn’t look like such a great guy to me.
Me: Haha! Oh dear!
9 year old: But you should definitely get married.
Me: I should?
9 year old: Yes! You should, because you’re SOOO pretty!!!
Me: Oh my! Well thank you! We should play together more often!

9 comments:

Shelbs said...

How cute. I love how kids are so honest!

Jean said...

awwww!!! Love kids' honesty! :)

Hapi said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

Chris Rumary said...

Aw, that's great, Soo-pretty Hill. Those kids sound like a ton o' fun.

But you realize prospective husbands must undergo rigorous screening at the Mansion, right?

Hmm... better have that .303 FedEx-ed from Alberta.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Kids say the darndest things, don't they?

nachtwache said...

How sweet and cute.

Mary Rickson said...

Karibu Hillary - Glad things are going well at least typically African! Hope you're on your way soon and don't forget to try the Banana Beer! Yummmy!

Nicole said...

Download Full Version Software at AriesGames... http://ariesgames.blogspot.com

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I am sooo looking forward to your next update from Kenya, Hillary!