Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, Chuck E Cheese, remember the heights from which you have fallen

I don't know about you, but I have many a happy birthday memory from Chuck E Cheese growing up as a kid. Whack-a-mole, ball rooms, pizza, and birthday hugs from a giant mouse (how did that thing not scare the CRAP out of me???) - it was all so innocent and fun.

No longer, apparently...

... Seven officers arrived and found as many as 40 people knocking over chairs and yelling in front of the restaurant's music stage, where a robotic singing chicken and the chain's namesake mouse perform...
Read the whole story here.

(Thanks, Karen, for pointing me to this story!)

1 comment:

Jean said...

My grandma used to take me there when I was little. I went back for the first time in 20+ years this past October and boy was it different. It sure seemed smaller and I remember getting tickets for each ball I made in the ring during skeetball, not 5 tickets automatically when you put your coin in and that's it. What a gip! :)