Thursday, March 15, 2007

Uh, really???

In 24 hours I will be in Chicago. What??? ToMORROW??? Really??? I take the train to Iowa on Saturday. But really? Have 24 hours? I. AM. GOING. TO. DIE. I have sooooo much to do. It's 6:42. I'm still at school. Marking, planning for the Monday we get back, filing, cleaning. I go home, and there's packing. And laundry. And dishes.

The biggest thing is that I'm STILL sooo behind on my marking, and reports are D-U-E one week after I get back. GAH! I have to take marking with me. I am so ticked off. I guess that's what the planes, trains, and automobiles are for. ERG.

I'm so excited. But so stressed out. GAAAAH (I'm only here cause I need a quick brain break. I'm back at 'er very soon)

In funnier news, we had the first of two puberty talks at school yesterday. Ah ha ha hahahahaaa! Oh the kids were soooo squeamish. And laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed every time the words pen!s and v@gin@ were mentionned (pardon the weird characters, I don't need any icky searches landing at my blog!). Oh, it was funny.

And of course, we did the anonymous question thing - everybody got a slip of paper and they had to write something, even if it was, "Hello, how are you?" then they all turned them in. Some of the questions were so great...

Why do girls have to have a egg in the you know what?

What if you're going through puebrty and you want to tell youre friend but youre scared of what they might think?

Why do people think about s3x? Why do people do s3x?

How do you know you have pewbertey? [cause it's a disease...]

When do I start to date? [said by the girl who is inseperable with a certain boy in our class!]

I's the movi rated R? [a big part of the presentation was a video. This question was written with intentional bad spelling and fake handwriting]

muhahahahaha [yes, that was actually a comment. Complete with pointy-toothed smiley/frowny faces]

Right. Try to teach long division after the 'puberty talk.' Heh.


OK! Back to work for me! Who needs sleep, right?

12 comments:

CeCe said...

have fun! And thanks for sharing the silly questions!

Unknown said...

:) Can't wait to see you!!

Katrina said...

How great is that? You must be having so much fun with that topic, I can't imagine. I only have to explain it to one child right now, and her reaction to the news that one day she would sprout hair from her armpits was a resounding, "Blecch!" We're still working up to the actual mechanics, but there's no rush, since she hasn't asked yet.

Unknown said...

omg those are some funny questions!! have fun in chicago!!!

sarah cool said...

Hahahahaha!!! Too funny!!!!

Jean said...

That is funny. I hope you got a little bit of sleep! Enough to get on the right plane and not end up in Tahiti. :)

Hillary said...

Um, I love you guys and all, but Jean, what would be so bad about that?????? *grin!*

Lawn Mower Queen said...

Have fun on your trip! We're heading to Ohio in about 2 weeks...unless something good happens at the job fair tomorrow.

Rainypete said...

Those questions are priceless. Enjoy the trip and don't feel bad about the marking. My wife seldom goes anywhere for an extended visit without a bag of marking at her side. I've come tot eh conclusion it's a side effect of being a teacher.

Queen Bee said...

Hehehe!!

Robert W. said...

You're on a train from Vancouver (or Seattle) to Iowa? How on earth did that come about? Are you afraid of flying? Enquiring minds need an update! Robert

Hillary said...

no, no... my parents drove me to Seattle, I flew to Chicago, take the train to Iowa, then do the whole thing in reverse on the way back!