Friday, January 08, 2010

2009 In Review

I know it's just a snippet, but it's easy and a fun review of 2009 (good heavens, what a year it was!) If you do one for yourself (and I hope you do!) let me know in the comments so I can see! The name of the month links to the first post of that month (in case you’re curious and want to click through and read the rest):

Here’s what you do. Just take the first line of the first post of every month and repost them in one big post. (Clear as mud?)

January: I'm in such denial, it's unbelievable.

February: Can I just say right now that I am having absolute HYSTERICS right now with the amount of bugs in my room???

March: My feet tucked tightly under me and sharing a seat on the wheel hump, I try to make myself as small as possible to make room for the crowd of Rendille people crammed in the back box of a clattery old green land rover.

April: This is my friend Phil in Disneyland, posing with Buzz Lightyear, a character from the movie Toy Story.

May: Don't you just love coming to my blog and seeing THIS in your face?

June: I was in the middle of a Rendille lesson at my language helper’s house when the rain started.

July: Over thirty years ago, Lynne read the following verses from Isaiah 18 that speak of a people “just beyond the rivers of Ethiopia:”

Go, swift messengers,
to a people tall and smooth-skinned,
to a people feared far and wide,
an aggressive nation of strange speech,
whose land is divided by rivers.

August: I'm a Rendille!

September: Wow. I really HAVE been hit with a whirlwind coming back.

October: I got an email today from a fabulous missionary couple I got to spend some great time with in Nairobi asking if I had changed my blog address... they had been visiting my blog and hoping to find news from me on how I was settling in and what has been going on in my life since I got back from Kenya, and had not been finding anything!

November: It's been pretty scarce around here these days.

December: Miss Hillary's class has been working on "stretchy sentences" and "wow words" lately, using a variety of tactics.

1 comment:

Niki Devereaux said...

Hi Miss Hillary!

I did one (credit goes to you in the subject line!)

:) Niki/Nova