Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You've GOT to be kidding me... (300th post)

Well, I just learned a lesson. Never ever use a credit card to call Vancouver from a payphone in Amsterdam. Ev-ver. I called my parents and left a message (the entire call was under two minutes, I timed it) with my flight info so they could come pick me up at the airport when I got home. Turns out that phone call cost me $39.80.

And to think that I did that cause I didn't want to buy a 5 Euro phone card and only use a tiny bit of it.

Leapin' lizards!

5 comments:

H0kie Erin said...

I called my parents from Mexico twice and it was over $100. Egads!

Mexico had just put in new pay phones and they ran on cards or something. None of us could figure out how to work the dang things.

Jean said...

Wow!! That's insane!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

You should have sent them a letter, ha,ha..

Paul said...

Thanks for the heads-up Hillary. I was just about to call you from a Dutch payphone, but I don't think I will now! :P

Katrina said...

Youch! Thanks for imparting this expensive lesson to the rest of us. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use it!