Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You've GOT to be kidding me... (300th post)

Well, I just learned a lesson. Never ever use a credit card to call Vancouver from a payphone in Amsterdam. Ev-ver. I called my parents and left a message (the entire call was under two minutes, I timed it) with my flight info so they could come pick me up at the airport when I got home. Turns out that phone call cost me $39.80.

And to think that I did that cause I didn't want to buy a 5 Euro phone card and only use a tiny bit of it.

Leapin' lizards!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Wow!! That's insane!

Anonymous said...

You should have sent them a letter, ha,ha..

Paul said...

Thanks for the heads-up Hillary. I was just about to call you from a Dutch payphone, but I don't think I will now! :P

Katrina said...

Youch! Thanks for imparting this expensive lesson to the rest of us. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use it!