Sunday, October 29, 2006

Meme madness

You may like 'em, you may hate 'em, but I got tagged TWO TIMES in two days for two different memes. Woah! I never get tagged! So I'd better do 'em, eh? The first one (number two will come tomorrow-ish) was from Cherie over at Queen Bee. She asked me to tell you ten random things about me...

1. I have some kind of strange phobia about my socks showing. I don't like it. I always think my socks look dumb. What's up with that?

2. For three years (the preschool years and kindergarten), my family lived in the basement of my Nana and Papa's house. One of my favourite memories of living there was sitting backwards on the stairs to the patio with my sister, our legs dangling down through the gap between the steps, eating mushroom soup with bread in it.

3. I have a wierdo new age-y book called Dancing with Cats. It's all owners mimicking the movements of their cats, sometimes in costume. It's wierd. I have no idea why I own it. But, it's good for a "what the HECK??!?!" kind of laugh every now and then. The pictures absolutely crack me up. As does this quote:
"But you have to be careful; sometimes the energy is so powerful I worry about overstimulating my aura. At those levels, an unstable etheric oscillation could collapse into an astral vortex and suck my spiritual reserves into a state of negative sub-matter."

4. I really, really hope I haven't scared you away by that. It's not a frequent read, just a random book on my shelf. I find if funny that I feel the need to justify myself on this.

5. I have great friends who I am extremely grateful for. They bring a smile to my face and richness to my life. Awww! I do mean it, though. :-)

6. I've never seen Lord of the Rings all the way through. Nor have I seen the Sound of Music. I know, I know. How is that possible?!

7. Like Cherie, I often can't keep my left adn my right straight! I'll have to do a quick mental "which hand do I write with" check. I've gotten very good at this. Hardly anybody notices I do it. (Uh-oh, now my secret is out...)

8. I'm a leftie. Southpaw. Goofyfoot. Truly in my right mind, I say!

9. I had orthodontics (braces, retainers, etc) for ten years. The result of that? My teeth no longer touch together in the front. Makes it very hard to bite a hole in a helium balloon and make my voice go all squeaky.

10. Beware, apparently, if you ask me for random, it's random you're gonna get!

If you'd like to do this, too, consider yourself tagged! SarahCool? Jean? Anne? Hulai? Abbey? Barbara? Jenn? Any takers?

And YOU! Yes, you! You don't have to do all 10 (if you don't want to), but leave me a comment with one random fact about you!

8 comments:

anne said...

Not sure I could come up with 10, Hill, but I can give you one! :)

As much as my thumbs are green, I still kill plants and everytime I go into Home Depot (or some similar home improvement store) I must walk through the plant section and pick up at least one new little guy to love.

Robert W. said...

I can lend you Sound of Music. Pleasssse don't ask why I own it!!!

Anonymous said...

My right pinky is an inch shorter than my left pinky!!!!

I played piano for 13 years... and I can hit an octave + 1 with my left, but barely an octave with my right! :-)

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I will def. do this on my blog, too, but I think I'm gonna have to ponder this for awhile...

Here's one of my interesting facts (that I touched on in my last post): I know ALL FRIENDS (the TV show) TRIVIA. I kid you not. I have all the trivia books and games and I KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS! It's a sickness... : )

Queen Bee said...

Wow, Hillary, I'm stunned. That book, those pictures, wow. People actually dress up and dance with their cats. And someone took pictures and made a book of them. And you own it. Wow.

Anonymous said...

ah - a tag!! I'll get to it in the next couple of days while I ponder some good ones for ya. :D

"...unstable etheric oscillation..." hehe

Anonymous said...

I couldn't comment yesterday so I'm doing it today.
I write left handed but do everything else right handed. My son is the exact opposite which leads me to believe he is an alien, ha,ha..

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

So I did the meme...check it out!

http://indulgelaughcreate.blogspot.com/2006/11/ive-been-memed.html