Thursday, March 23, 2006

Reason # 137 why I love Rick Mercer

Have you seen the Capital One's "Hands in my pocket" ads on TV recently? They're advertising a low fee credit card and comparing it against other companies' higher rates. There's a catchy tune playing the phrase "hands in my pocket" over and over while people go about thier daily lives with a straight-faced, grey haired man in a suit following them around with, well, his hand in their pocket. My favourites are the guy getting dressed in the morning trying to figure out how to put on his pants with the suit dude attatched and the people playing tennis or jogging. Very fun.

Well, Rick Mercer, a Canadian comedian and genius satirist (is that even a word? ... a purveyor of satire), has created a spoof. Thanks for sending it my way, MD!

3 comments:

Davey Jones said...

HAHAHAHAHA... NOW THAT PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE :):):)

anne said...

That's stinking hysterical!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have officially had the "Hands in My Pocket" song stuck in my head all day since watching that clip