Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rant

And rave. And stomp my feet.

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKES, PEOPLE, IF YOU MUST CALL ME TO HAWK SOME PRODUCT OR SERVICE OR ASK ME SOME ENDLESS LIST OF QUESTIONS I MUST STONGLY, SOMEWHAT, OR MILDLY AGREE OR DISAGREE ABOUT, AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO GREET ME WITH A HUMAN AND NOT SOME SHTINKIN' MACHINE WITH A SUGARY SWEET RECORDED VOICE TELLING ME HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED FROM RESIDENTS OF MY NEIGHBOURHOOD TO RECEIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH AND WHEN I HANG UP ON YOU, DEMON MACHINE, DON'T CALL ME BACK!!! AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

Thus ends my rant. And my horribly long run-on sentence.

PS... Go check out my new renter! I haven't had one in a while. Look right... see that lovely button with sunflowers on it? That's My So Called Ramblings. She's a fun read, go check her out!

6 comments:

rachel said...

I worked at Kawkawa summers 1999 -2000, the first years of the HIS Team Program - I was the His team leader and I lived in the little camper in the woods behind the dining hall. My camp name was Shenzi. Those summers were really good for me to realize that I had a gift for teaching the Bible, and also for working with youth. I decided to come to Briercrest Bible College - and I've been in Caronport ever since! :) I met my husband here and graduated two years ago with a BA Christian min. I work for food services - read, the cafeteria - as a manager, and use my leadership and admin. gifts there.

I was kind of hoping some of the people I knew from Kawkawa would show up on your site - so that's why it's linked to my blog.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Yeah - and don't call while my kids are sleeping! that crap drives me nuts!

Paul said...

We have a 'Telephone Preference Service' in the UK. It sounds like a don't call list, but with a more pretentious name. It's illegal to cold-call anyone whose number is on the list.

It's not illegal to call people from a call centre outside the UK though :(

We also have something similar for junk mail, which would explain why half my mail comes from France now.

Davey Jones said...

you deleted my favorite post!
you brat!

AfricaBleu said...

I agree with Erin - the "don't call list" was the best piece of legislature to ever cross the Pres's desk.

If I HAVE to get a sales call, I prefer an automated one - so much easier to hang up on instently.

Robert W. said...

I don't answer the phone anymore - to anyone. I just grew tired of 95% of the callers wanting something from me. Soon I shall have Call Display and then I'll only answer to select callers. Try calling me after mid-March and we'll see if I answer your calls. :-)