Thursday, August 31, 2006

Switching gears

It was somewhat of a shock to my system on Monday morning when I was standing in my new classrom at my school looking around wondering what on earth I was doing, just slightly less than 36 hours after my plane had landed. Was my trip even real? Was I just there? And now I'm here? Huh???

Today will be day four that I've been in my classroom, getting organized, hauling all the junk leftover from last year out, putting up new bulletin boards (with borders I've been told are totally "me"), rearranging furniture, getting my desk set up, photocopying some work for my little lovelies for the first week, doing a wee bit of planning for the year, and trying not to be terrified! Ha!

Things are starting to look somewhat ready to go, I think. I'm glad it looks that way, anyway! No, actually, I'm getting excited, too. Mourning the loss of summer holidays, but hey, that kind of comes with the territory. With this being my first year with my own class, I'm sure I'll make tons of blunders, but I'm looking forward togetting to try some different things. It will be such a nice change from doing all music, all the time! Hee hee, I wonder if that's what my kids will think we'll be doing! After all, I'll bet they won't even realize that, hey, I can teach math, too. And science. And art...

Grade 5, here I come!

1 comment:

BarbaraMG said...

I really, really, really wish you were going to my son's grade 5 teacher this year!