Friday, February 26, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive!

In the "just perfect for how I'm feeling" words of Velma at A Smeddling Kiss, "I know I've been posting quite sparsely these days. I've temporarily lost my taste for blogging, because so much is happening so fast and there are only so many hours in the day. I'm overwhelmed with the actual events of the day and have no time or energy left to turn them over in my mind and examine them and polish and chronicle them."

Yep, that about sums it up.

But here's a fun gem from today at school. During our writing time, one of my grade 3 kidlets informed me, "Miss Hillary, I'm going to write a poem!"

"Good idea!" I told her.

When she was done, she read it to me, and I was so impressed! Here it is! I've conserved the spelling as is, but broken the lines up as she read them to me, not necessarily as it was written.

Saturn oh Saturn, up in space
maybe your coverd with lace,
Saturn oh Saturn, may I sleep on your rings
while space sings to my face
Maybe your coverd with lace.
Orbiting around the sun
You'll feel undone,
when you run
around the sun
I want to see you up in the sky
with my very own eye.
Dear Saturn don't change a thing.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I love it! She's going to be a great poet.

Amy said...

This is simply adorable and precious and delightful! I love it!